Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010: Something Every Day (006)

Played drums a bit today. My right wrist is bothering me, and my right ear. I'm trying not to let it worry me too much...Knowing me, a lot of it is mental. Organized some books in the basement, found a lot of goodies I'd forgotten about. I also managed to finish this painting. The title "Misty Harmon" is the name of a girl I knew in middle school (she was the older sister of one of my first girlfriends), who tried to commission me to paint some flowers for her to go with her kitchen's color scheme. She'd seen some art I'd done, and thought I'd do a good job. I think I was happy/honored, and responded positively to her request, but never did make any flowers for her, and I have no idea why. Probably because I was in sixth grade and was a lazy idiot. So, like, seventeen years later, here's an attempt:

"Misty Harmon"
2010-01-06, 5:09pm
9" x 24"
Acrylic and ink on cardboard


Detail


Detail

1 comment:

Misty Sedore (Harmon) said...

It's Misty. Matt McRae said I had to check this out. It's beautiful. I'm honored.
mistysedore@yahoo.com