Wednesday, January 21, 2009

0119



My band Spit For Athena is playing in Chicago with a band called The Code Kids. I was asked by the venue to make a flyer for the show. I was going to start by writing the band names, but I fucked up and made "The Code Kids" too enormous, leaving little room for anything else. I'm an idiot like that. Anyways, I decided to make it a Code Kids poster. I don't know these guys...just made them a poster. Meanwhile, there's tons of stuff piled up around my room that I'm supposed to finish, and here I am making posters for bands I don't know. Awesome, Levi. Awesome. Gonna go work on that flyer for the show now. EDIT: Whoops. Just heard from The Code Kids on MySpace. I was going to link them to this entry, show them the poster...and they'd already sent me a message telling me they've commissioned a professional artist to do a flyer for the show. Ha. Well. Wires get crossed, I guess. At least I found out before I made some lame-ass flyer that they'd have to politely tell me to please get rid of. Ha. Yeah. I'm going to go eat some peanut butter.

No comments: