Saturday, August 25, 2007

0038 - Toy Addiction


"We Have The Same Boner"
By Levi Jacob Bailey
Friday, August 24, 2007
Marks-A-Lot, Sharpie and spray paint on cardboard


This piece was inspired by a discussion about Jean-Luc Godard that I had with Scumbalina, one of my friends on MySpace. She'd posted a bulletin asking for help with what movie she should watch that evening, and one of the choices was a Godard film. I told her that I had a boner for Godard, and she replied by saying "We have the same boner." I told her that I plan on titling one of my Clear Days Always HOMES releases "We Have The Same Boner", because it's so awesome-sounding. She then suggested that we both draw pictures of what sharing the same boner means to us. The above image is my shot at it, and you can see hers HERE (along with more of her fantastic, acid-induced artwork). Scumbalina also maintains an excellent blog on MySpace where she reviews bizarre/cult/horror/"other" movies. She's cool as hell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're amazing. you warm my heart like a fart.

Swellzombie said...

Remember when we'd have the same boner? We had that special sleeve made up. It was nice.

Levi Jacob Bailey said...

Time to come clean, Marc. I didn't really special-order that boner sleeve. It was just a chinese finger trap that I got from a novelty store in Battle Creek. But that's not what's important, right?

O de FLANEURETTE said...

ha ha ha....this post made me laugh a lot, particularly imagining godard´s reaction to your twinfolded boners...
greetings, freakings!